Just finished this last week.. its a Puch 250 SGS i modelled for a commission ..
Done entirely in Blender.
Unfortunately this version will not be used.. am now modelling another variant.
from Blogger http://ift.tt/1oyADRh
In part 1 Kambha taught you segregation (watch here http://ift.tt/1l6n5xj…) . Now its time to start composting. See how he makes Composting super easy, with no smell, no stirring, no maintenance! Ideal for your busy schedule. The Kambha is so beautiful, you can’t not have one. Take him home and grow your family.
this is part two in a series!
All the 3d animation was done in Blender.
from Blogger http://ift.tt/1eUUMdL
Please watch the following video..
In the heart of Puri, Odisha lies a blooming cultural paradise. Raghurajpur – the heritage arts & crafts village – where every villager is an artist and every home is an artist’s studio. But their colourful lives have some dull moments. And we can help complete their #HalfStory.
Find out how you can help:
as of writing this post they’ve met their donation goals.
I appreciate their art. as an illustrator myself i understand the work they put into it, and sincerely hope this website helps them.
the next part of this post is probably going to get me a lot of hate..
1) Why not just let them sell their art on etsy or other such existing artisan sites? what is this constant need to start a new site for everything these days?
2) Lets cut out the middle man? by this argument.. people who make apps and games.. but don’t get a share of the profits should also start selling their apps directly in an “open to all” market..
oh wait, that’s been done.. i wonder how financially uplifting that turned out for them.
3) Isnt the payment gateway(icici, ccavenue, visa, paypal) that the site will have to use.. going to be another middle man?
4) Its not like these “middle men” are evil demons from planet zod.. aren’t they just “entrepreneurs” like Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Ambani etc… ? aren’t they just following what business logic/methods that every business student is shown as a glowing example?
5) What does it say about an art form.. when it needs a website dedicated to itself.. as if it can’t hold its own against other art forms..
6) Don’t give me the “tradition” argument. If traditions were that important you and me should have continued our family traditions of being farmers, goatherds etc.. You’r ancestors adapted to changing times.. they had the gall to abandon their traditional vocation and take up something new. Thats how your here reading my blog.. and not sitting in a mud hut starving and blaming “the middleman” for getting the better of you.
Or if you feel that your ancestral heritage wasn’t glamorous enough, then go ahead and become an artist in this village in Odisha.. and take up their cause as one of them..
Not as the benevolent outsider.
Its all nice and convenient to say that Tradition is important and traditional crafts need to be supported.. when someone else is doing the starving.
from Blogger http://ift.tt/1hCoF4A
With the launch of Pinla3D and other such services.. the quality of 3d printing is reaching the level depicted in Charles Stross‘ must read book – Rule 34 (2011’s sort of sequel to Halting State).
|Cover Art – Alberto Seveso
The name “Rule 34” comes from the internet meme – “If it exists, there is porn of it. No exceptions”
The book is not overly explicit, though it can be shocking.. for example one of the incidental characters.. a paedophile takes pictures of his targets and then 3d prints life size, photoreal, animatronic sex dolls of them.
Also mentioned in the book 3d printer spam!
The novel follows 3 characters..
– A police Inspector who investigates 3d spammers murdered in weirdly inventive and gruesome ways..
– Anwar, a former cyber criminal who unwittingly gets in over his head working for “The Toymaker”
– and lastly a sociopathic enforcer working for an organisation he only knows as the “Operation”.
Their paths eventually coincide and culminates in a serious showdown.. which would have led to a great sequel.
except.. Stross realised that his books were becoming somewhat prophetic.. and decided to cancel the sequel.
Stross announced that there would be no third book in the planned trilogy. “Halting State” wasn’t intended to be predictive when I started writing it in 2006. Trouble is, about the only parts that haven’t happened yet are Scottish Independence and the use of actual quantum computers for cracking public key encryption (and there’s a big fat question mark over the latter—what else are the NSA up to?)”
To get a taste of this future.. where full body scans and 3d printing converge.. have a look at the following and make your own inferences
– This a shop/service in China, that can do a full body scan in minutes! the 3d print will take a little longer.. but comes in surprising level of detail. A variety of szes are available.. ranging from action figure or smaller to life size. Simillar technology have already been seen at places like Comicon.
of course there are tons of legitimate uses for this tech .. in archaeology, paleontology.. etc
from Blogger http://ift.tt/1fmXFbn
Are you a good person? don’t try to be a cliche hero. heres an easier way.
from Blogger http://ift.tt/1g1JbZP
Most people do not want to segregate, they think it is work. Of course it is not work, its just about working differently. And segregation is the first step to cleaning up our cities and recycling precious resources. It also is good practice. Daily Dump’s Kambha is angry and upset, so its best to listen and begin, don’t you think?
.. and its just part one in a series!
All the 3d animation was done in Blender.
from Blogger http://ift.tt/1bXMINu